At WIMH, we are so excited to be featuring one of our all-time icons, Bobbi Brown. So excited, in fact, that we just can’t keep it to ourselves! We love celebrating inspiring women and Bobbi is right up there with legendary status. Bobbi’s ethos, of wanting to make women look like the most naturally beautiful versions of themselves, resulted in sublimely wearable makeup which has always been a staple in our makeup bags.
Bobbi was once compared to Estee Lauder by the icon’s grandson, Leonard Lauder. We also think of her a little bit as the Steve Jobs of beauty – Bobbi famously eschews research in favour of what she believes women want and need and her intuition has consistently proved to be dead-on.
The Best of Bobbi Brown
There are a few products we swear by – and they just happen to be Bobbi Brown. Here are some of WIMH staffers top picks:
- Corrector – A heavy-duty pre-concealer for those who need extra help, this product neutralises darkness under the eyes with twelve shades to match any skin tone. Follow with a brightening concealer (we like Creamy Concealer) and bid adieu to dark circles.
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner – In thirteen iris-flattering colours, this creamy eyeliner is a dream to apply even for the unsteady of hand. The slender brush is perfect for achieving any desired thickness, and it sets to a smear-proof finish. This is a consistent favourite in our pro handbags, too.
- Brow Kit – A full, groomed brow is an essential part of the natural look that Bobbi has perfected. We love this kit not only because it makes the look achievable, but also because the shades are smokier and more natural than the reddish tones so often found in brow products.
- Blush – Our go-to blusher for achieving a brightening pop/sheer wash of natural colour. In fifteen shades to flatter any complexion, we love the signature silky-matte finish.
- Hydrating Face Cream – - Containing natural ingredients to nourish the revive the skin, this is light and comfortable while being ultra-moisturising even in the winter, when skin struggles the most.
A week doesn’t go by without Bobbi Brown products making an appearance in at least one handbag on our site. Here are some pro-favourites:
“I’m a huge fan of Bobbi Brown products from their bronzers and lip glosses to their mascaras and basic tools, it’s a no nonsense brand of fantastic quality. I’m obsessed with their liquid ink liner pen- it draws the perfect line and lasts all day.”
Laura Fantacci, Fashion and Shopping Editor at Red Magazine
*Sadly, a limited edition product! We agree that it’s amazing, and we hope Bobbi brings it back…
Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15
“I was recently introduced to this by a Beauty Editor friend and it’s amazing. It gives the ultimate flawless complexion without feeling heavy on your skin, and It lasts for hours.”
Lauren Stevenson, PR Director of my-wardrobe.com
“I’m a huge Bobbi fan. Her colours are really diverse and her deep, rich pigments look fab on darker skin. I’m loving this new shade, Desert, it brings a pop of freshness to my face, especially when I’m tired.”
Ateh Jewel, Beauty Journalist
“I have this in Calypso Coral – it’s the best blusher ever and super easy to use on the go. I like it because it’s a cream blush so I can dab it on with my fingers really quickly, and you don’t even need a mirror.”
Navaz Batliwalla, Fashion Journalist
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow
“Everyone should have at least one of these in their bag. This cream shadow is the best I’ve tried and I’ve tried the lot. Goes on like velvet, stays put all day, and does not crease. It evens out the lids and creates the perfect base to apply powder shadows over the top for a more dramatic effect. It even stayed fresh-looking after a long night clubbing in Ibiza!”
Aly Hazlewood, International MUA
Rose Shimmer Brick Compact
“This gives my face a candle-lit glow – I dust it over with a large blusher brush on my eyes, cheekbones, cupids bow and down the centre of my nose.”
Lisa Oxenham, Beauty Director of Marie Claire Magazine
Creamy Concealer Kit
“I discovered these pots about 10 years ago and have never looked back! The coverage is superb, the colour choice caters to all ethnicities, you can even use without foundation and it comes conveniently with a fantastic loose powder attached to the bottom.”
Janine Bird, International MUA
We’d like to thank Bobbi for letting us look in her handbag and reminding us that “The secret to beauty is simple — be who you are.”
Don’t miss our Neons and Nudes post about one of our favourite Bobbi Brown collections to date!